From Ponroy Santé to Havea Group
Founded in 1975, the Ponroy Santé group is one of the European leaders in natural health products ranging from food supplements to cosmetics and hygiene and skin care products. The group has been growing strongly for more than 3 years and relies on the expertise of nearly 800 employees in France and around the world, through its 7 subsidiaries. Its turnover for 2018 is over 180 million euros.
With a portfolio of well-known brands such as Biolane, Aragan, Vitarmonyl, Manhaé, Dermovitamina, Lecitone, Ultrabiotique, Suveal Duo and Naturé Moi, the group now wishes to be more in harmony with its activity and its DNA by creating a new identity: Havea...
A new identity combining naturality, well-being and harmony
With Havea, the group asserts its identity, which is evocative, inspiring and based on its desire to support each and everyone in finding the beauty, health and well-being ritual that best suits them. For, Havea Group relies on its expertise by using all that nature and science have to offer to enable as many people as possible to access this quest for 100% natural well-being.
Harmony, naturality, balance and gentleness are the guidelines that led the Ponroy Santé group towards this new name. They reflect the wide range of references it markets, which match with both the uses and aspirations of consumers, who are increasingly concerned about their well-being and want to consume in a more responsible way. Consumer concerns have changed over the past 50 years due to changes in lifestyles and the emergence of metabolic diseases (tiredness, stress, hair loss, weakening of the immune defenses, etc.). They are also turning to natural products that promote real well-being. More than half of the French population would like their doctor to advise them or prescribe natural health products, such as food supplements, for preventive purposes.
"At Havea Group, our actions are human-centered. To best meet consumers' needs, we want to offer as many references as possible in line with their values through products that combine ethics and efficiency, in harmony with everyone's expectations and metabolism." said Nicolas Brodestky, the new CEO of Havea Group.
- A group that combines ethics and performance for a clear, complete and effective health/well-being and nature offer.
- A perfect affinity of the group's products with the needs of each individual.
- A French group whose production site is located in Boufféré in Vendée, thus guaranteeing the traceability of the product range.
New ambitions for Havea Group
Thanks to differentiating products and disruptive innovations, Havea Group aims to become the European leader in natural health (particularly in the field of food supplements and baby hygiene) and to develop further in niche markets.
The group wishes to accelerate its strategy based on a combination of internal growth (10% per year for the past two years) and external growth (three acquisitions made in two years):
- Pioneer and always at the forefront of innovation, the group plans to greatly increase product innovations on its flagship brands;
- With its strong position in France, Havea Group also aims to pursue a thoughtful internationalisation of its brands while deploying an omnichannel distribution strategy;
- The group's digital transformation, which has been underway for two years, is accelerating, particularly with the launch, at the end of June, of its new e-commerce site: www.havea.com;
- Finally, the group wishes to maintain its policy of strategic acquisitions, particularly in the main European markets (Italy, Spain, etc.).
In line with consumers' new expectations, Havea Group is accelerating its CSR approach by placing it at the heart of its organisation but also of its global strategy. Through the products offered, the certifications obtained, the choice of packaging produced, the recycling of all generated waste, Havea Group anchors all its actions in a responsible and ethical approach. The group wishes to go even further, with the implementation of a CSR action plan around 4 key axes: the human being at the heart of the company, working for desirable development, acting for society and proposing sustainable solutions to consumers... all indicators that reflect a deep commitment to this cause.
The market for natural health products in France
The food supplement market
- A market worth €1.8 billion in France, more than half of which is in the Pharmaceuticals channel
- Top 3 most sought-after products: improving sleep, digestion, reducing stress and strengthening vitality
The cosmetics market, which is more mature, is experiencing relatively stable growth except in certain market segments, which are particularly popular with consumers, such as natural or organic products...