FWRAP Annual Report
the Annual Report highlighting progress made in the first year of the Food Waste Recycling Action Plan (FWRAP) has published today – see here.
It includes a foreword from the Group’s Chair, Ray Georgeson, as well as an overview of key outputs and progress on the five themes (including the below), and an outline of the next steps.
- The publication of a crucial new report by WRAP: ‘Industry Guidance: Dealing with Household Food Waste at AD facilities – Management of Liners’. This now provides the industry with invaluable insight into a pressing current issue and opportunity area for positive change.
- WRAP has created and published a new Cost Benefit Analysis Tool for the food waste recycling industry; helping users weigh up the costs and associated benefits of implementing proven intervention measures (to recycle more unavoidable food waste) based on the specifics of local arrangements.
- The Renewable Energy Association (REA) published a report highlighting the economic benefits of separate food waste collections: ‘The Real Economic Benefit of Separate Biowaste Collections’.
- The steering group for the Quality Action Plan (QAP) for compost and digestate launched new guidance for commercial food waste collectors on how they can improve quality.
- The Right Waste Right Place campaign will now include a food waste stream thanks to the ESA and supporting partners. Steps are underway to share and promote online resources.